I’m a bibliophile. I’ve also been an avid e-reader user for the past 3 years. Here’s why I made the switch:
- I can carry a “bag-full of books” in one hand. I like reading multiple books at the same time; with an e-reader I can carry multiple books without weighing down my bag.
- I can read in the dark! Most e-readers these days come with lighted screens that can be adjusted depending on the brightness of the room. With an e-reader I can fall asleep with my book in my hand, but without the lights on = savings on my electricity bill, and none of those awful experiences waking up in the middle of the night to glaring fluorescent light.
- I can read on my side! I am not a coordinated person, attempting to hold a paperback open in one hand while lying on my side is awkward.
- There are tons of good e-books available from the public library. Best part: no late fees! The book is automatically returned on its return date.
- E-readers make moving so much easier. I’ve moved 10 times in the past 5 years. Moving boxes of books got old after the first move. Now I can stuff my book collection in my laptop bag when I move and call it a day.
- Become a faster reader! E-readers standardize the type font, line height and size (which of course, you can adjust on your e-reader) of your books. This standardization means your eyes no longer must adjust from the tiny font of your mystery novel to that of your large-print Y.A. fiction.
- Save room for those beautiful full-color coffee table books. Without the clutter of my paperbacks, I have the space to appreciate the print books I DO have.